The customer is responsible for obtaining any required permits. It is our recommendation that customers check with their local city, town, county, and/or homeowner's association to find out if there are any requirements for placing a shed or gazebo on the property. There may be "setback" requirements that dictate where the shed can be placed.

In some cases anchors may be required. Requirements vary depending on the city, town, county, and/or homeowner's association regulations.

For an additional fee, we can offer a package that would supply you with the items needed if you are permitting your shed. 

General statute in the state of North Carolina says that any shed over 144 square feet requires a permit. However, it is up to you the customer as to whether you choose to permit your shed or not. This is responsibility of the customer.

Local Permit Office Contact Information